Tuesday 4 June 2019

Review by Esme Smalley of the “Harry Potter” series by J. K. Rowling




The Harry Potter books are the best I have read. The excitement in these books made me feel warm inside and makes me want to be a witch every time I read them. The spells and animagi are really fun, and I think they are good books an 8 to 9 year-old could read. I love how they use personification, for example, ‘Harry felt a great leap of excitement’ (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone).  I like the peculiar words like ‘Mandrake’ and ‘wolfsbane.’  

Professor Albus Dumbledore is the nicest teacher you could ever meet and is one of my favourite characters. There are lots of great characters like Severus Snape (who used to be a death eater), Draco Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange.

My favourite book in the Harry Potter series is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban because finding out the answers to the mysteries is really fun, especially the whole Shrieking Shack part. I got scared in The Chamber of Secrets when Mrs. Norris (Filche’s cat) gets petrified and there was writing on the wall written in blood.

All the books in the series are so good. I have recommended these books to lots of my school friends and they have become fans of Harry Potter too.

THANK YOU FOR READING


About the Reviewer
Esme is nine years old going on twenty and enjoys reading, writing and playing with her little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment