Wednesday 5 February 2020

Review by Sophia, aged 8 of “Gangsta Granny” by David Walliams.







Gangsta Granny is written by David Walliams. The main characters are Ben, Ben's granny, his mum and dad and Raj, the shopkeeper. 

My favourite part of the book is when Ben can only say 'urm...umm" because his granny is doing naked yoga! this made me laugh out loud. 

This book is about a boy called Ben who wants to be a plumber but his parents want him to be a dancer.
On Fridays Ben goes to his granny's house but he finds it boring and all granny makes for dinner is things with cabbage. Surprisingly, Ben looks in the biscuit tinned finds jewels which leads him into wanting to find out more about granny.
Could she be hiding a big secret? dun, dun duuuun!

My favourite character in this book is granny because she makes me smile as she is so funny and she is addicted to cabbage. I also think she is a very cool gran.

I recommend this book, it is suitable for children aged 8 and over. There a few tricky words for younger children.

I would give this book 5/5 and a big thumbs up! 

by Sohia, aged 8. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done Sophia very good explanation about gangsta granny

    ReplyDelete